How To Strike The Throat For Self Defence
In this article you will learn how to Strike The Throat, and when to use this very effective strike.
First, it is very important to understand how dangerous a throat strike can be – especially hitting straight on against the windpipe. The level of force used must warrant the situation and threat at that given time. I.e. if they had a weapon, or were much bigger, a throat strike maybe applicable.
- Windpipe – At the front of the neck, a very dangerous strike as can close up and prevent breathing.
- Sternocleidomastoid – The sides of the neck. Can cause knockouts, and are the main aim for the majority of choke holds.
How To Strike
- Open Hand – Spreading the thumb away from the first finger, creating a ‘V’. This is used to strike the windpipe.
- Knifehand – Fingers closed and hand straight, using the side of the hand to strike the sternocleidomastoid.
- Punch – Aimed at windpipe (very dangerous, also harder to hit as a bigger surface area for small target).
- Hammerfist – Aimed at the sides of the neck, and/or the back of the neck.
- Elbow – Can be used to ‘wedge’ into the front of the neck, or as backward elbows into the side of the neck.
Video: How To Strike The Throat
Don’t forget to Subscribe to our Youtube Channel for more videos.